CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm Sorry I Vented

That's right, I am sorry about laying it out
on the line about my truck problems. It is only
money, compared to what I found out today....

It all started in High School. Bryce and Dale
were 2 and 3 years ahead of me, but Ankeny was
a small town then and we all knew everyone.

In 1989 my mom had her stroke, Oct 20. At
Thanksgiving time, I moved her from Mercy to
Younkers rehab Center. At the same time, Bryce
had his son Matt in the same facility. He had
suffered a neck injury in AHS football.

Mom came home for four years, Matt went on to
live in a care facility in Waterlo. Due to the
stress, Bryce died of a heart attack about 5
years ago. At the first of December, Matt died, he
was 33. That left his mom and two brothers.

Yesterday, about 24 hours ago.......brother Al
died. He ran out of gas while driving on the
interstate around Hickman Road. A busy stretch
of road. He called his mom for help and she
came with Dale, probably with some gas to get
him home.

Why these things happen, we will never know or
understand.

Al ran across the interstate to his mom's vehicle.
9 PM....its dark....lots of traffic as is usual.....he
misjudged the truck's speed. No reaction time
available for the pick up truck driver, he
clipped Al with his right side mirror, then a
vehicle following the pick up also hit Al, he
died at the scene, even though a car load of
nurses were on the scene and tried to save him.

Mom and uncle saw the whole accident...........

What a horrible end of the year.......

Screw my truck problems and financial set backs....

The Hanke family needs my prayers.........

Carry on my friends and say a little prayer for
long time friends..........

Hauoli Maki Hiki Hou..............

1 comments:

Marla said...

Yes, this family needs prayers right now. What a horribly sad tale you related. Too much for one family....