CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Day In History

I don't have a photo to post....today is the anniversary of
my Mom's death. I didn't think about it until I signed a form
and dated it. Then I was watching Private Practice and they
dealt with the death of the wife of one of the Doctors...........

We made sure we took mom to Texas, after she
had her stroke, for about 6 weeks,Dec thru
Jan. Jeff had vacation and work shut down, then Greg would go
for two weeks and I would go for two weeks and bring her home.

1994 was not the year to go south. It still breaks me up. The
worst day of my life. Two funerals, one in Texas, fly back home
and have another service and burial the day after Christmas.

This is the reason I don't get too excited about Christmas.
We have to keep up the spirit for Greg, he is still a youngster.
He still needs the surprises even though he has to work all
day long, race home, clean up, open presents about 4 PM and
then have a great dinner.

I have shed a few tears today. Tomorrow I will make a trip to the
Port Isabel grave yard and find someone who does not have any
flowers.......since I can't be home to do this. Put up the wreath
adorned with poinsettia flowers..........

Moving right along...........take good care and smile......

0 comments: