CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 19, 2007

WE MISSED THE ICE!

You might remember my love of ice......a whole year working INSIDE the PO with the
QUEEN and SLUGGO! A year from H#$%&LL......Well, we didn't get the bad cold along
with all of this rain. It is comical how they panic in the Valey, close schools, cancel
meetings, they warn you you stay HOME if there is ice! almost as bad as Iowa when
there MIGHT be 3 inches of snow.

Mexico was fun on Thursday. I picked up a few curios for projects and some peanuts
for cocktail hour. We always shop a the Canadian store, have two-fer cocktails at La
Galeria and lunch at Arturo's. I talked with fellow Iowans from Renwick and near
Manning. That's why I wear my Iowa jacket out and about, it is always a conversation
starter. I wore a Nebraska tee shirt to the store one day, met up with a Cyclone fan
as well as several folks from Kansas.

Today I will uncover the tomatoes and flowers and once again, clean. Pick up the junk and
maybe put in the new window. It is 46 right now to 9 in ankeny, 834 AM. By mid afternoon
is should be in the 50's......well, at least I have missed the snow and ice.........

OHH, I am Aunt Cyndy again. Bucky was born two weeks early, on Monday, the 15th.
Finally he has a real name, Andrew Jacob Thiel, aka DREW. He came in at 8 lbs 8 oz,
19 inches and "kinda" brownish hair. No word on his eye color....Granny Nanny Marla
and Mark headed out on Wed AM. I bet she was unbearable while waiting for the ice
to melt and get on the road. Their entire route was ice covered!

Carry on...........

1 comments:

Marla said...

Actually, Mark had no trouble with me while waiting for the ice to melt. I simply went to our bedroom in a deep bad weather funk. :-) I am all better now and holding my new grandson Drew!!!