CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 15, 2007

45 DEGREES AND RAIN

I can hear the chuckles coming from the NORTH! I guess Texas has
winter once in a while also, but today it is all rain. It was 50 at 8 AM when I
checked the dashboard, going down.....I planted tomatoes and
petunias last week, tonight I have to cover them up to save them.
Tim Smith, the channel 5 weatherman, says...."close to freezing"..

I had a wonderful time on the island over the week end. I left Alamo
bright and early on Saturday, 718 AM to be exact. The plan was to
walk across the Queen Isabella Causeway from Port Isabel to South
Padre Island. they expected at least 1200 people in the two events,
a 10K and the 3.5 mile walk. They only shut down one lane of traffic
and the people in the cars took pictures, honked their horns, even
one Hawkeye came across that I yelled at GO HAWKS and they did
the same. The after race event was at this huge restaurant/bar, Louie's
backyard. It was over by 1 PM. I did the walk in under one and a half
hours, due to slowing down to take pictures, imagine? I saw the
90 year old lady that registered when I did and she was moving right
along! They estimated over 2000 people. The winning run time was
a man from Kenya, 31 min 41 seconds. @nd 31:44 and 3rd, 31:46....
The lady winner was 34 min I think. They had entrants in the 80
year range running.....time around one hour.......next year maybe!

After the race I went to two stores, checked into the motel, watched
the first half of the ISU men's BB game with Kansas, hit the beach
for a few hours, bought some dinner and went to the hot tub. My
room had a fridge and a microwave oven. the hot tub felt great, my
legs and feet ached. I forgot how walking the cement affects your
feet, six months from walking the Ankeny streets.

Sunday, I used up all of my rent time doing soduko puzzles and
when the sun finally came out, I took off for the beach. I went to
two stores with these big sales: buy one tee shirt at regular price
and get three or four FREE.....The shirts were $20. OR, buy one-
get one free, those were $10 shirts or the cheapy deluxe ones were
3 for $10, everything must go!

I parked at the park where I always go, there is a bathroom if needed.
Hopped on the bike and rode the route north almost back to the motel,
round trip about 10 miles, on the way back, into the wind!

I burned my nose, forgot the lotion, it was in the back of the Jimmy,
I was too lazy to crawl back there to get it. The bike and rack were
also on the backend, not again! The lotion will be in the beach bag.

Home about 6 PM, before dark. I popped out a lens on my glasses and
didn't have a small screwdriver along, so I had to get home before
dark.

Today, it is miserable, so I am doing housework......YUK! Laundry and I
fixed the blinds in the bathroom and I need some plugs to tighten one
towel bar......grocery store.....maybe the mall, I have to get this new
CD and Target didn't have it. I dread thinking about going to Wally
World........

According to Sidney Friedman, "Folks, pull down your pants and slide
on the ice." Have a good one.......BRRRRRRRRR............

2 comments:

Marla said...

Hey camera lady, we need some of your great pics. Perhaps shots of the beach, the walk, Louie's Bar,etc. You take way too many great pictures not to show us some of them!!!! Don't be so stingy with your shots. :-) Marla

Cyndy said...

I posted two last night on the Kalkwarf site.
I need to do it daily so I can remember how
to post a photo. The mac is stubborn.......