CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

OH MY....THE BEACH AGAIN

Are you sick of this yet? yes, I spent the day at the beach. First I signed up for the
Wellness 10K or walk event this week end at Port Isabel and S Padre Is. We walk 3.5
miles, start in PI and walk across the 2.5 mile Causeway Bridge to SPI.....I am #127
and am glad I am doing this, a lady 90 years old came in right behind me to sign up.
If she can do....so can I!

Then I tried to sign up for the WinterTexan golf scramble. They had 6 teams open, I
could not sign up as a single and hope for other singles to sign up. Guess I am screwed
again! SO, after locating Louie's Backyard, a big restaurant/bar, where the after walk/
race party is held, I went to the beach. I took my plastic bag and headed out. I walked
about one mile north on the beach before turning around, at the end of the day I had
walked about 3.5 miles. I picked up a bag full of shells. I am cleaning them and am
going to send them to the groovy granny in Osakis for a grand kids craft event!

Due to road destruction, all of the stores are having big sales....I only went to two
stores, spent about $30. I think I will have to make all of my purchases before
the spring break kids arrive, then the prices will go up! I think we are supposed
to stay away from the island starting about March 1, but I'd love to go see all of
the activities and drunk teenagers........

Home by 530 PM and 65 degrees. The neighborhood kids were playing cops and
robbers. One was hiding behind my mobile. He said, don't let them know I am here.
I went outside to shoot pictures of the beautiful sunset and he wants a copy! Too bad
they are building that new house to my west side! It interferes with sunset photos.


Still regular jobs to do, tomorrow I pick up the new piece of glass for the window in
the small bedroom. It fell out when I was washing windows the first week of Dec. The
last person that replaced the window did NOT put in the seal to hold the window in
place. Two inches higher and I would have been in the emergency room! Was it Jeff
that didn't do the full job????

The week is supposed to be warm again, high 70's into the 80's. I think I will get in
a round of golf. No real grass on the fareways and the greens are really rough, so
not much practice during the winter, that is.....to improve my game. No putting
help!

Keep it in the middle.....fairways and greens.........XXOO.......Paca :o)

0 comments: