CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 01, 2007

Cold Duck, Pinatas, Fireworks and a FINE CIGAR

They really know how to celebrate New Year's Eve in Texas. The Fireworks
started early, about 9 PM. I kept going outside to see the explosions when
Alex the neighbor came over to take me to the party. There was about 15
people celebrating. About 11 PM the kids wanted to start with the fireworks,
one mom and sisters went to buy more and we had a blast, no pun intended.
They saved the big ones for midnight. At the stroke of midnight the skies
opened up and it was loud all over Alamo! Just like Summerfest in Ankeny
when they celebrate my birthday!

Then it was time for the pinata. It is tied up to the tree and one person raises
and lowers it. We didn't put on a blind fold, they just twisted us and we hit.
Alejandra started, then her brother Anem? I hit it about 10 times, but did not
shake loose any candy. Alex really assaulted the pinata and everyone dashed
to pick up candy. After about a dozen assaults, the pinata was done and the
two little kids picked up most of the candy.

The cold duck went down easy, I can't believe I drank the whole bottle! I
lit the FINE CIGAR just before midnight and the boys and I smoked it.
When I finally called it quits and came home, wow...about 145 AM!
I have a great picture of baby Aidan or Andrew, I can't remember, but
all the kids are "A" named. I see the dog came home, Buddy ran off
during the fireworks.

Don't forget to change your calendars! Feliz anos nuevos..............

0 comments: