CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Too Windy to Golf

If I almost get blown off my bicycle, then it is too windy to golf. OH MY, 50 MPH
winds in the valley. 78 degrees today, but when you can't stand up over the
golf ball, OH MY.

I am also getting tired of being spoiled, as in being an owner of an electric
dish washer in Iowa. In the Valley, I am getting soggy hands from washing
dishes! Oh the good old days before retirement, just put the dishes into the
machine and walaa, they are clean in an hour, spotless. But, I think I am
saving water by doing them by hand, figure it out, I am just being lazy.

What do the kids in the Valley need? I think someone to know where they
are at, at 230 in the morning. When I hit the sack at night, I usually watch
an hour or so of DVD's before turning off the light. The last couple nights
I heard some voices when the TV was on, I thought it was from the show I was
watching. However, last night, the voices woke me up at 230 in the morning.
I looked out the back window and there was at least one boy in white, sitting
on the side of the shed, talking with his friends. Must have been about
10 to 12 years old. I think these are the same boys that were stealing the
oranges from the Hillman's trees. I went to the Police Dept and reported
the incident and asked for a drive by patrol from 10PM to 2 AM. I don't
think these kids need to be out goofing off at 230 AM. I hope it is just
goofing off and not casing the joint.

Moving right along, weather is great other than the wind and I am finding
myself spending at least one hour sitting outside enjoying the sun and
catching some rays every day. This afternoon there was a big boom from
the new construction to the west. I jumped up when one of the men
screamed. I was afraid someone fell while carrying a 4 X 8 panel to the roof.
The support on one corner just collapsed.

Finally back to some basketball tonight, in the middle of all of the bowl
games and Bobby Knight. The Iowa women are in Minnesota and they
better win, since Minn had most of the team either graduate or quit
after last season. They replaced 11 players! GO HAWKS...........

1 comments:

Marla said...

Sounds as if you had a WAY more exciting NY's Eve than we did. I was in bed by 11. But, that is midnight in Iowa. :-)