CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 09, 2006

COLD AND WET IN TEXAS

45 degrees at 10 AM and holding. In the middle of the
night, more rain. Kind of fun listening to it rain on
the awnings, very musical at times. Things are looking
up, the DSL is up and running and I keep calling the
phone number to make sure it is really working and I
am not on dial up. I am still upset with the car dealer
and plan to call the Better Business Bureau on Monday
and find out how to file a complaint.

Tim Smith is my local weather person and he reported
on Friday night that Sunday, Monday and Tuesday the
temps should rise into the 70's. If that is the case, I
will be headed to the island and get in a round of golf.
In Iowa, if we had this temp with no rain, I bet the golf
courses would be busy, almost like Nov 8 when Marla
and I played 18 at Toad Valley.

Living room painting is pretty much done, I have to get
a small can of brown to touch up places where I smeared.

Did I mention the broken window? I was cleaning the
windows and took out the screen for the small bedroom
window. I put the screen on the ground and in that split
second, the glass fell out and hit me on the ankle, on my
sock. WOW, a few inches higher and I would have been in the
emergency room!

Guess that is my next repair job! The last for a while I hope.

I was able to watch Iowa men and ISU men play BB last
night. I forgot to check the schedule for the Iowa-UNI game.
Wow, I think UNI has Alford's number.

Back at you later, Northerners. Stay warm. I am cold, had to
buy a pair of slacks and sweats, but I AM NOT 14 DEGREES!

Buenos Tardes............C

0 comments: