CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Only A few Days

remain at Llano Grande RV Park for this season. Remember when time just dragged by, waiting for Christmas? Christmas vacation? Birthdays? Spring Break? Summer off of school? It doesn't work that way when retired. It seems like just yesterday I was arriving at my home in Texas, last October. My, time flies when you are having fun. the summer brings plans to golf just as much as I did during the winter, class reunion in July, I'd like to catch up with some college friends in eastern Iowa and complete a few jobs......clean out the junk in the basement, enjoy the screen porch, talk with the neighbors who live in Florida during the winter, visit with the former co-workers who are still on the job. And before I know it, October will be here, time to head home again.

The hummers are active again. One day I was wearing a bright yellow blouse and I heard a tap and screech at the window, it was a hummer with red highlights wanting to visit with me. As I left the West Pool the other day, there are four large bushes of lantana at the entrance/exit. As I opened the gate, there was a hummer in my way. I also saw it today, same spot. I purchased a solar hummingbird at Don Wes this winter. While sitting indoors last week, I could see some motion outdoors. It was a real hummer, buzzing the plastic solar hummer.flirting? I am bringing a solar hummer home, sure hope I can interest some Iowa hummers and get some pictures.....this baby hummer was sitting on Hager's Bird of Paradise for over an hour, it has green markings, the hummer at the pool had yellow markings. Carry on

0 comments: