CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Finally a great ride,

after two days of things going wrong, I had a great ride today, from Joplin to Ankeny. On Thursday, it came in 3's. First the slide out would not retract. I assume it is the motor, what is that going to cost? Then, I went for breakfast at Whataburger and asked for a sausage and egg biscuit......oops, NO EGG......then Richard, my TOM TOM advisor sent me the wrong way around Victoria, TX. That cost me 20 minutes. No problem, I still rolled into Palestine in time for Happy Hour....Day two was great, until I exited the Okie turnpike. In 5 minutes, the temp dropped from 80 to 59 and I drove directly into a thunderstorm. That was NOT a fun half hour drive. I had to pull over for a short time until I could see more than 20 feet ahead of me. AHH, Saturday, still some rain early in the morning, but suddenly I was home.....there was a CASEY"S....gas was $2.72.9, over 20 cents less than two days ago. Felt like home, since the corporate office is in Ankeny. Construction season has begun on I 35, but the farm fields have the look of black dirt and some planting looks like it has begun. My hostas are a month early with their growth, purple tulips are showing their faces, along with some new surprises from last fall's plantings. Let the fun begin, in Ankeny, FORE........

0 comments: