CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Honey, I'm Home

Well, I made it down that blue highway,
from Iowa to Texas. Great road trip, one
bad motel, noisy, not much sleep. After
stopping at the storage facility and
paying my bill, filling up with gas....OH MY!
Regular was $2.03 per gallon in Harlingen.
For premium I paid $2.21. checked in at
the office and stopped to see M and M.
I told them I'd be there about high noon
and it was almost right on the nose. Joe
showed up within an hour to put my
unit on the correct spot, then the work began.
M came to get my beef and put it in
their freezer. Went to HEB for groceries,
once again, they only rang up half of my
purchases. I was nearly falling asleep
as the minutes went by and finally hit
the sack at 930 PM, 5th inning, score 3-2.
I didn't miss anything. Awoke about 6 AM,
rolled over and went back to sleep, next
thing I knew, 830 AM, 11 hours of sleep.
I needed it. today I emptied the three bags
of clothes( I brought too much) plus two
other bags, food department and bathroom
stuff. Moving right along, 4-0 for Tampa
Bay Rays. I don't think I will see the end
again. I do have some photos of
"where's Goofy" to post, but I have to find
the cable or set up the printer to use that
as a mode to upload. tomorrow, lazy day,
have to get my park ID, maybe a load of
laundry, maybe off to the golf course to
look for a job.....moving right along........
stay warm, 93 on my first day. Today good,
made a jar of sun tea.
odometer read 1292.6 miles........carry on

0 comments: