CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It Was A Great Birthday Week



In case you don't know, my wonderful home town of
Ankeny, Iowa, has a huge city wide celebration for
my birthday every year......two parades, a carnival,
beer tent, aka, leisure garden, Miss 16 contest,
karaoke, and finally fireworks. This year we had
a class reunion added on. I am exhausted, but that
is good. 29 classmates and a few spouses came home
for the reunion, it was a great success. Have some
cake.........They spelled my name wrong, it is CYNDY

3 comments:

Marla said...

Glad to hear the reunion was a success. I know you spent many hours preparing for it. Sounds like your city celebrated your b-day in an appropriate manner for you!

Mo Fontana said...

Glad you had a happy birthday, Cyndy. I never forget that your birthday is also the anniversary of the "Floods of '93" in Iowa, as 7/11/93 was the day we woke up submerged! I heard from Mary Beth about the class reunion; quite a success for a 40th reunion. As for Summerfest in Ankeny, which always occurs right around your birthday, we should go back to calling it "Fun & Feed Days" like in the good 'ol days!
MO from MN

Cyndy said...

Mo, you are right about the memory
about the flood. I awoke that day
to Jeff's message, the levi broke
early this morning, I have to go to
DSM to take back the truck for the
car race, water pressure way down,
see you whenever, oh, Happy
birthday! I got my mom into the
shower right away and started to
put water in jugs before going to
the store to buy some. What a
memory......and it still is
"Fun and Feed Days" to me, the
powers that be changed from two
summer parties to just one, 40
years ago...........