CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wasn't That Fun?


All kidding aside, the last week has been fun, great
weather. I checked the dashboard at 5 PM today, Alamo
was 86 and Ankeny was 82 and Phoenix was 78. I am happy
for IOWA. Karen and Merle brought home the great
weather for ya'll.

I made my travel plans, April 15, hopefully by 8 AM,
I will start my journey back to Iowa. I am stopping
in the Ozarks for two days to visit Shelly Mynatt
Johnston and her husband Dan. I am planning to be
home in time to golf on the 21st at woodside, aka
Woodland Hills. Then I have to get ready for the
state bowling tournament and buy an airplane ticket
to North Carolina for national bowling. I should have
my tax refund by that time, I hope.

Ankeny friends Mary Beth Justice and her mom Mona
and their friend Rita, and I went to Progresso for
Winter Texan day. The businesses give away small
sombreros that they either pin or staple to your
shirt. They give away food and cut prices on some
liquor. We had pony Coronas for a dollar, but at
the next bar the strawberry margaritas were two for
$7, normal price $2.50.......We stayed with beer.

I have to figure out which day I go back to the
beach, probably on Monday or Tuesday. Early is the
trick, the college kids are still in bed and the
families won't be there, only the winter Texans
that haven't left for home. Gas is up to $2.36
a gallon.

I have been hoping for a lot of upsets in the
tournaments, like Drake over Tennessee, didn't
happen. My pre season pick to win, the Okie
women lost today, so I have to cheer for the
Lady Vols and Pat Summitt. I think they are going
to hire her to replace Slick Alford....

Carry on my friends......

1 comments:

Marla said...

Gas is $2.70 a gallon in Phoenix. :-( I am really glad we have a hybrid about now.......