CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Beaches and raffic problems

It was finally time to hit the beach today. I have been in Alamo for three weeks and FINALLY!!

The raio talked about an accident on my route to the Island, so I decided to delay my leave time,
missed by 30 minutes, had to go for a bicycle ride. A normal 70 mile trip took two hours.
Expressway 83 east of Mercedes is under destruction, just like I 235 in Des Moines. When I
could see about one mile of back up, I exited. Take the frontage road for a while, more
back up. Turn around, go to What A Burger, east my sandwich and contemplate.....let's
go south, Business 83 should be within a half mile....wrong....

I finallly made it to the island after a two hour and 15 minute drive. However, all of the
delay just melted away when I stepped into the sand on South Padre Island.......

I had hoped for a longer day at the beach, but I figured more delays were ahead of me
on the way home......I made it through Harlingen and found business 83 with no problems.
Guess where there is more construction? Right.....

The waves were awesome today, a lot of surfers. One man was new to the sport. I
applaud him, I don't know if I can do this sport, without a life jacket....

I brought home some shells and hope that I can get enough gathered to make a
wind chime. If I can make another trip over before the 25th, I might go real early
and try to find some big shells to make a wreath.

It was 80 degrees on the way over. When I arrived at my favorite billboard, it was
still 80 and the billboard, rented by Budweiser, had a photo of Bud Select bottles
on it. Awesome.....Every year when Greg and I make our annual vacatiƓn to the
Valley, I have to stop and take a picture. I have a bunch of billboard photos......

0 comments: