CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 11, 2006

ANKENY IS FAMOUS IN TEXAS NEWSPAPER

Yes, Ankeny made the Monitor newspaper down here in
the Valley. We live in an "upscale Des Moines suburb",
according to the article. It was about Captain Jack
selling off part of his tree farm. I think I read the same
story before I made my road trip south. that means it was
in the DSM paper at least a month ago!

The weather is sweet today and supposed to be so all week
long, in the 70's. Overcast for a couple days, but Weds
will be blue skies smiling on me! Guess that means a
trip to the Island! There was an accident again, a barge
hit the cement that holds up the bridge. they put in some safety
measures five years ago when the bridge was partially
destroyed and there seems to be NO problem. I am so
happy! There is a park area, with public bathroom, so
I think I will buy the yearly pass for that area to rest and
relax and take pictures. I'd love to get a great shot of those
birds for the Art Center Photo Contest.

Tony is out and about on his big John Deere already this
morning. He tows a small wagon with tools, pretty funny!
He does yard work on a lot of mobile homes in the area, to
keep him busy. He keeps helping me out, like throwing out
somethings that I didn't want to go in the garbage.

Stay warm and if it gets to be too much of a drag the snow,
take a vacation and come on down! C

0 comments: