CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 27, 2006

Progresso, Mexico on a Day Trip

Another fine day in the Valley. A road trip planned to Mexico.
Need to pick up some medicine for a friend, $50 difference in
price from Mexico and the USA. We planned to leave at 9 AM,
shop and then have lunch at Arturo's, come home. However,
Arturo's does not open until 11 am. That's when we left
Mercedes for Progresso. Shop at the Canada Store, now owned
by Garcia's. I picked up some flower pots, no Beefeaters, but
Jose was only $8.25 for a fifth. Our favorite store is La Galeria'.
We picked up our peanuts and then went upstairs to the bar
for two for one drinks. Most places this is all day long.......except
for beer. M and M like margaritas, I had a strawberry daiquiri.
Delicious and the two man band was great.

Hark, it is lunch time. Arturo's is wonderful. Lots of male hosts
and waiters. No female workers anyplace. The Spanish women
are taken care of, they have the children at home. Three red
corn tacos with beans and rice and of course, the normal plate of
nachos and pico de gallo..........under $7.00..........

Tried to log onto the radio shows tonight on 1040 radio. No luck,
so I called in, talked about one second to Lisa, then the man
cut me off before I could ask my question. Boo Hiss........

Thurs night into the weekend, OH MY, should be down to the 60's.
I don't think I have any slacks! Will have to stay indoors and
work on something trivial.....

Take good care my friends.............

1 comments:

Marla said...

Well, Lammie, when I looked at our thermometer this a.m. it said seven degrees. You need more than slacks here, by golly.....