CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Honey I'm Home

I made it with NO problems. Great highways, 69 a four lane
divided hwy thru Ok., 75 mph. I avoided the major cities
and loved it. In Texas, we pass friendly. Two lane hwy,
with an extra lane on the outside. When you see someone
that wants to pass, you go to the right. When they pass,
they turn on their flasers or wave to say thank you!

Arrived in Alamo about 1145 AM on Weds. Of course, when I
turned on the water, explosion in the toilet this time!
Fought a major leak for 6 or 7 hours. The water was OFF
outside, but still leaking. I finally figured it out,
when they fixed the sink in Feb., they put in another
turn off valve. Once I turned that off, no problem.

I called my dear friends from Cedar Falls, Marian and Milo
are in Mercedes. I asked to use their shower. Yes, of course,
but on Thurs AM they called and said I should come over
and stay until the water was on again.

The neighbor brought me a plate of Turkey dinner and
then said he could help me. Eddie did the job. My only
problem was not cutting off the new pipe enough. Only about
one more inch of cutting! 24 hours later and all is dry.
I have a pile of towels that need to be laundered, will
probably go to the laundromat to save some time.

83 today, I went to a couple electronic stores about
4 PM. A mad house. I installed Direct TV and can't use
my DVD-VHS machine because the TV is too old! I either
buy a new TV or kiss off all of the DVD's that I brought
along!

The blog spot has changed. Can't use my regular Hook em
Horns Colors...........

Iowa in the Alamo Bowl? Hummmmmmm, might be right for a
road trip.......

0 comments: