CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

Today is Monday,


April 27. I am in Palestine, Texas, overnight. First stop on the way back to Iowa for the summer. I answered the alarm clock at 6 am, figuring an hour to finish storing away the outside stuff and moving the rest of the inside stuff to the car or the garbage bin. I pulled out of lot #14 at 719 am. By the way, I moved last week, That's another reason that I have not been on the blog for a while. With packing, doing a little bit each day for the last two weeks, I usually quit around 2 pm and then headed to the golf course for 9 holes. I have a huge blister on my left heel and on my fingers, must be gripping the club toooooo tight. Anyway. It was a good ride today, I arrived at my hotel room about 415 pm, in Palestine. It rained most of the ride, very unusual. I have not seen rain since the middle of December while working on the swimming pools. Iowa received a downpour last week end, I hope it is all headed east by Weds., when I make my final cruise home from Joplin, MO. Marla, I am just catching up with your videos, wonderful. I love hearing Drew talk and the fact that he knows his veggies.......Southern Texas and Mexico are famous for avocados, I laughed when he answered that correctly. As far as the flu goes...I was
going to make one more run to Mexico for booze, but heard the news first and stayed in the USA. I would assume that the Kansas and Ohio and Nova Scotia sick folks are all winter Texans, having brought the germs home with them. I am OK and so is brother Greg, he is home from the hospital. I think his problems are a result from the fact he was NOT taking his diabetes medicine. He doesn't get it, his brain works differenly from most folks. The pharmacy did NOT call to tell him the prescription was ready. I hope he has learned something from this episode. WELL, Weds., I will be back in God's country, but dreading the chill...........I might have to wear long pants and I won't get to go to the pool and swim late evenings. OH MY!! This picture is from my last trip to the beach, a short bridge walk down to the beach..........

1 comments:

Marla said...

Hope you dodge the rain tomorrow and that the rest of your trip is pleasant. Mark said he got 3" of rain and the ponds are full once again! Crap!

Drive safely!!!!!