CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

I am in the middle of

NCAA basketball and wrestling......Tough day for the Hawkeyes
on the mat, at least a Big Ten team is in the lead. Metcalf is
about to wrestle in the semi's, so I will watch before I switch
back to Lute Olsen's BB team. Good old Lute, formerly from
IOWA, had to retire for health reasons.
Another glorious day in the Rio Grande Valley. mid 80's. I played
golf with the guys this morning, since the women didn't show up.
Next week we are having the East End Trailer Trash golf outing,
to celebrate the end of our workamper duties. Four of us that
were not at the golf course this year, will be there next
season to join the rest of the neighbors. Good group on the
east side of the park, the original area.
Tragedy last week, former co worker was in a snowmobile
accident in which her daughter was killed. Actress killed in a
skiing accident and a horrible bus accident in Mexico killed
one Iowan from West Liberty, several Canadians and several
educators from Brownsville. A horrible 24 hour period.
Eight days left to work, I am surprised the winter has gone
by so fast. I am sure my Iowa family will object.....four
feet of snow???? Carry on my friends.........

0 comments: