CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 13, 2008

One Week Until Launch

One more week in Iowa, nervous time....do I have everything I will need for
seven months? Am I taking too much (probably). I made a list of everything I
left in the RV, especially clothes. That has been a good guide. This year I have
to take work clothes and some long pants for work in case January has its usual
cold temps. I decided I didn't want to wear anything but shorts for the rest of
my life. Oh well, last week 45 degrees for the trip to the Farmer's Market, long
pants. I was able to golf this week end, tomorrow if it isn't raining, I will pack
the clubs for Texas. My good friend, Granny Nanny is home for a couple weeks
from AZ, so we had to golf in Dayton and of course, that meant a couple cold
beers and cocktail hour and Mark fixed some wonderful T Bones. OH MY! The
market was out of rib eyes at one dollar less than home. Iowa beef is the best!
I won't be back for at least 30 weeks, so I have to haul at least 30 steaks/30
pork chops and some corn that I froze. I hope the fridge is big enough to hold
all of this food...Golf on Sunday was a four person "shamble". All four on the
team tee off, chose one drive to use, then you play your own ball to the cup,
counting only the two lowest scores. On the par 3 holes you play your own ball
the entire way. We were not good at this. 159, but NOT last place. One spot out
of getting a pay day. I did win the longest drive again, bought a golf glove which
I can always use. The winning team were creeps, they swore at us when they
were at their carts, in the trees getting ready for the next hole and one of my
teammates had a wild shot that landed close to them. Bah Humbug! I need to
download some photos from golf and farming and volleyball.....carry on.........

0 comments: