CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

GO CUBS GOOOO, GO CUBS GOOO





My first trip to Wrigley Field to see the CUBS was Labor Day week end of
1967. A fun week end to see the family before I headed out to college......
It was tough for years, until we finally acquired cable TV and became
afternoon baseball junkies. Before the postal service started messing
around with starting times (today it is 8 am or later), I could get my
job done and get home in time to see the last inning or two. Eventually, it evolved into summer trips to see AJ and UGH, my aunt and uncle, and into Chicago for games. One year we were able to see a double header, the day before was rained out. Uncle Gale (UGH) didn't move out of his seat for
almost 8 hours! So now, we celebrate. The first step is done, division
champs. We have all of the parts to win, along with the naysayers and the
ad men.......100 years since the last title! At least I will have some fun
for a few weeks and I signed up to hopefully win the chance to BUY
playoff tickets. I won one time, when KC beat the Cards, same as today!
Cubs beat the Cards........we went to KC for the first round vs Toronto, KC
won that game 2-1........Carry on all ya'll CUB fans..........
GO CUBS GO, GO CUBS GO, HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YOU SAY??????
CUBS DID WIN TODAY............LET'S PLAY TWO...............

0 comments: