CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Around the Yard

My mom planted these bulbs many years ago and I
have forgotten the name. When it opens, a pretty pink
flower on a long leg of green.

If this tree is changing colors, it must be time to get ready

to head SOUTH and back home.

Does anyone know the name of this yellow flower that is hanging

down? Find them in downtown Des Moines by the Civic Center.


Mom loved butterflies. These are John and Gloria's flowers.
Next door neighbors.

Another sign to leave for the SOUTH. This guy is already

gathering for the winter.

Planted by the city, no idea what the name of this flower is.
I guess this is a sign to head SOUTH also. When the monarchs

are in IOWA, they are on the way to Mexico.

BTW, these are shots with my new camera. Canon Xsi.

I was using my zoom, 500mm. Need to mess around with

it some more tomorrow before I shoot some volleyball on

Tuesday night.

1 comments:

Shirley Landis VanScoyk said...

I enjoyed your photos very much! Thanks!