CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Year is 2008

I have just been living like a retiree this month. As I just posted,
the 5 K walk. the rest of the time, three trips to Alamo. We gave
the neighbor a price on the mobile home, no reply yet. I hope they
say YES. I cleaned the entire inside and started to gather all of
the stuff to take home. Jeff arrived on the 4th, cleaned the outside
of the mobile and painted the roof. I cleaned out the shed and
was kept on my toes by a little wiggly animal, small cameleon, I am
sure that isn't spelled right. Mom had four sale signs in the shed,
for garage sales. I was throwing out stuff, into the garbage can
and a scrounger came along. I ended up giving him a load of old
things, including a rusty gas grill and yard shears that we couldn't
open. also a power scrubber that Jeff didn't want, since it doesn't
work! We pack the trailer tomorrow and Jeff heads home on Weds.
greg is coming down the week after the Super Bowl. Has to wait, there
probably aren't any flights available to Dallas or Houston...

As for my beach. The last three days awesome. blue skies and only one
day of high wind. That keeps me off of the beach, the sand in my
toes is OK, but not in my eyes. So you try to find a spot by one of
the buildings to block the wind, but usually, no spots open unless
you get there before noon....

golfed this week finally. Had a nice front nine, even a birdie, along
with three or four pars. Back nine didn't go as well, had a couple
pars, but kept hitting the ball into the water for some reason! Felt
great to get back on the golf course, first time since November.

Take good care and have fun in the snow!

0 comments: