CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

90 Today

No photos tonight. Even with 4 bars, they won't download. Sorry. I have
some great photos to share.
Sunday was a beautiful day after a week of overcast days, rain, wind and
temps in the 40's at night. I went to the beach, rode the bike, back to
the Breeze in time to watch the Hawkeye Women win a big game over
Michigan, back to the beach, cocktail hour to celebrate a victory......
I felt like I was in Carver Hawkeye Arena, since I have the Big Ten
Network. I took game photos. They came out just beautiful. I wonder if
its the camera or the big screen TV?
Today was a work day, golf day, oil change day. I finally picked up two
pounds of that wonderful garlic shrimp at the HEB Super Store in Pharr.
I mix the shrimp with onion, lemon, lime juice and some spices and hot
sauce, put it all in a plastic bag and let the shrimp soak up the flavors
for a couple days before enjoying....
Mexican security is in an uproar the past month. Today they disarmed all
of the police in the big cities along the border. This was done by the
Mexican military. Not sure about another booze run any time soon. The
police will pick up tons of pot and cocaine daily, but it is only 1/10th
of what gets over the border. I guess the fence that homeland security
wants to build might help with this problem. the local mayors want them
to dig out the Rio Grande River and widen it and make it deeper to
eliminate the walkers and bad swimmers. The Feds want to do something
different and are taking the land owners to court to get access to the
property to make assessments on how to build. We need some cooperation
here in the Valley. Fog advisery tonight and down to 65. Weds it
will be 72......sure beats home, big wind today along with a big temp
drop from 56 yesterday to below zero today along with wind. I don't miss
that weather.Will try again to post some photos tonight, great surf shots!

0 comments: