CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Long Road Trip

The BREEZE was supposed to arrive around
Oct 1, 2007. She arrived on Halloween with
some problems of course. No wiring for cable
in the living room/kitchen area, one chair
was shipped without any wrapping and came
in with black marks on the arm rests, dealer
found a staple in one tire, that's about all.
I took her home on Nov 7 with plans already
made, to hit the road on Nov 14. I have been
sleeping in the BREEZE since Saturday the 10th.
Tried to get her broken in...little did I
know what awaited me on the road. Getting in
and out of gas stations went OK, but I thought
gas bought in Missouri was bad, as the Black
Hearse started to clank. At 60-65 mph, no noise,
but at the lower speeds, big bad noise. First
day on the road no less......Parked at a Wal Mart
in Vinita, OK. The clerk in the store gave me
the address to the Dodge dealer. The guys were
great, they told me I had a blown engine and I
was not going anyplace soon. By one PM that day,
I had a new ride. Things went fine to the next
stop at a KOA in Mt Pleasant, TX, My head was
so messed up, I forgot to turn on the gas and
had no heat for the night. I awoke at 4 AM freezing.
Next stop was Victoria TX., at another Wal Mart
and finally into the Island by 130 PM the next day.
Naturally, I wasn't done with all of the
problems....one by one, can't unhook, can't level,
fridge isn't level, big colony of ants by back
door, shower won't do it's thing in a steady stream,
satellite won't work.....
All is settled, except after the Directv man was
here, I don't have any lights in the bedroom.....
Not a fuse problem, so I picked up a small lamp
that my mom had on her sewing table. another phone
call to the dealer........
In the morning, I ride the bike to pick up my
newspaper, almost a 2 mile ride. The morning goes
by fast and by lunchtime, it is time for the beach.
I take my lunch, a couple bottles of water, a camera,
a chair and off to the beach for the afternoon. After
lunch I take about a two mile walk down to the
Sheraton and back to my chair.
Another bike ride to pick up the mail, giving me
about five miles a day.
Life is a beach...........I am loving it and am
getting my tan in shape. Now I have to get work
done on the mobile home and get in some golf and
go to Mexico for a booze run or twelve......
Retire as soon as you can, get out of the rat race
and come on down to the beach.......
Mele Kalikimaka and Feliz Navidad mis amigos

0 comments: