CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 24, 2007

My New Sport?




The sport is race walking and
I am definately a rookie. This
was my third event in 2007 and
I had a goal, missed it by almost
five minutes. We have two high
school boy twins that are nationally
ranked. They recently competed in
NY and finished 3 and 4th places
against college age walkers. They
did one mile in just over 6 miutes.
Next event is April 7, the day I was
going to head towards Iowa. NOT NOW!
I will participate again before
driving away from Alamo. It's just a
walkabout.........

4 comments:

Cyndy said...

I forgot to mention, I was first
place in my age group. cute
little dust collector!

Marla said...

You're looking pretty tan there, Cyndy! Nice trophy.

Marla said...

"they did a mile in just over 6 minutes".....my gosh, that is really booking it. I don't come close to that time at a jogging pace. I would love to see them in action.

Cyndy said...

At Truman we had to run a mile
for a grade. I did it during
the fall, my time was 8 minutes.
These people really train, a
jogging walk, but keep at least
one foot on the ground at all
times......the judges are
watching........they will give
you a warning card, three
warnings and you are DQ